- Where applicable, entrants must obtain consent from the patent holder of the product before
the product is entered.
- Entrants should ensure that their entries potentially comply with the South African National
Standards (SANS) safety standards (SANS 60598 Pt.1). Contact Mrs Willa Breed on telephone
number (012) 428 6613 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about safety
- Eskom employees, adjudicators, organisers, agents and their immediate family members are not
eligible to enter.
- The competition is open to South African residents only.
- Black-owned business owners whose businesses are registered and have been operational for at
least 24 months at the time of entering the competition are eligible.
- The panel of adjudicators and competition organisers undertake to handle all entries in the
- Any entrants who have previously won or participated more than three times will not be
eligible to enter again.
- If you wish to give any additional information (not covered in this entry), please do so in
the Additional information section at the end.
- The decision of the adjudicators is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The organisers retain the right not to award a prize in a particular category or special
- All entries will be adjudicated by a panel of experts, selected on the basis of their
- Finalists will be announced after their presentation to the panel of adjudicators.
- While all reasonable precautions will be taken to ensure the safekeeping of entries, neither
Eskom nor the organisers are liable for any loss, or damage to entry material.
- Each entrant should present his or her entry at the adjudication venue and remove it after
- All finalists are required to attend the competition awards ceremony taking place at Indaba
Hotel, on 04 September 2018 at 18:00.
- All finalists are required to attend and participate in the Small Business Expo which runs
from 06 – 08 September 2018 at the TicketPro Dome, Johannesburg. Failure to do so may result
in penalties and winning finalists will forfeit their prize money.
- Please note the changes in prize money. Overall winner: R300 000, category winner: R125 000,
category 1st runner-up: R75 000, category 2nd runner-up: R50 000. No other prize money will
be awarded to any finalists.